Jobb > Interior Design Group Leader | Retail | IKEA , Oman
Job Requisition ID: 131765
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
You will plan, implement Com-In related projects mainly in the showroom, but also at the entrance, IKEA restaurant and staff area. Through the projects done by the JH, the Scandinavian identity of the company is conveyed, as well as the IKEA product range and the IKEA business idea is communicated to customers to achieve the commercial goals of the business.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
•Live and share the IKEA values every day
•Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
•A minimum 3 - 5 years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience
• Be responsible for designing room sets for the store. The various parameters that JH has to take into account in designing the room sets include the brief relating to the “style group” OR “Living Situation” as well as the sales priorities regarding articles that need to be focused on.
• Develop the set right from the floor plan drawn to scale, deciding on interiors and upon receiving approval from the Com-In Manager and the Sales Manager, building the set with Assistance of carpenters.
• Be knowledgeable about current market trends, fashion and social trends relating to home furnishing and interior designs.
• Ensure that the room sets are maintained in an “as new” condition all the time. To meet this objective the JH is required to make daily checks of the sets and carry out regular maintenance work, such as replacing worn out or dirty carpets, changing fused light bulbs, replacing items that are out of stock in the store or replacing items that have picked up from the display by customers. The room sets should always reflect the slanders set by IKEA for display
• Design and implements the changes in the restaurant interiors as and when required by the Store Manager and the Restaurant Manager.
• Design and makes changes in the office interiors as and when requested to do so. The primary idea is to make the work area a pleasant environment for the staff and representative of the IKEA way.
• Co-ordinate with the planned marketing activity of the commercial calendar. While not all activity will affect a change in the room sets, major activities like Christmas will influence the decor of the room and modifications will have to be made accordingly. Changes are done to highlight the new or the activity related articles that the sales want to push, or even in case of giving boost to products that are not performing well and need to be displayed in a manner to catch the customer’s imagination.
• Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
• Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
• Ensure that all Interior designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
• Make sure all IDs have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
• Be involved in the recruitment of the interior designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
• Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.