We support the markets in driving growth through commercial & operational plans focusing on excellent customer experience and attractive and affordable offers appealing to the many people.
We attract more visitors to the stores, by offering world-class customer experience, delicious and affordable products highlighting our Swedish heritage, making it a fun day out for our guess.Job description
The Construction Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the construction of IKEA projects and reports to the Construction Manager. The Construction Specialist will provide technical and cost input to IKEA internal partners during the projects’ development / conceptual design phase. Other responsibilities include the permitting co-ordination, physical and cost aspects of the detailed design and construction phases of all projects.
Your tasks will include:
- Provide technical support to construction projects and follow up the execution from initiation to completion. This includes design, tendering, supervision, hand-over and project closure.
- Manage site inspections with the consultant to supervise the construction activities, ensure that the all construction activities to meet contractual conditions of performance and the approved design
- Review the work progress on a regular basis and prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and health and safety regulations
- Secure quality assurance and control processes. Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Manage shop-drawing, method statement and material submissions of the contractors, follow and finalize the process with the consultant.
- Maintain relations with internal and external parties involved in construction projects
- Secure an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality
- Professional technical experience with a min of 5 years of working in construction projects
- At least BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field. Project management and/or LEED experience will be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of construction software packages, such as MS Project, AutoCAD, etc.
- Fit-out and retail project experience
- An eye for detail
- Excellent planning, organizational and co-ordination skills
- Excellent command of English spoken and written at business level
- Competent in problem solving, initiative and pro activeness.