Hi! Oi! Hola!
That’s how we say ‘Hello’ in our offices in Supply Area Americas! You don’t need to master all these languages, but we do believe you enjoy working in a multicultural environment. We are now looking for a Communication Leader with passion for inspiring others through communication in our region ‘Supply Area Americas’, a region which is stretching over two continents; from North America to South America and three offices in King of Prussia, US, Mexico City, Mexico and Curitiba, Brazil.
Supply Areas is one of six organisational units under IKEA Supply, which is one of the organisations of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.Job description
About the job
As Communication Leader for Supply Area Americas you will be part of the management team and report to the Supply Area Manager Americas. You will be responsible for leading, developing, implementing, and enabling business-driven communication (both internal and external), as well as working closely with key stakeholders in the region and in IKEA. The region is on an inspiring growth journey right now and IKEA is investing a lot in both retail and in the supply chain. To be successful in the future will demand new ways of working and working across with many stakeholders, internal as well as external across the region.
In brief you will:
- Be a strategic and tactical partner to define and enable communication needs and goals
- Contribute to both the creation and implementation of business strategies, priorities, and processes through communication
- Lead the development and implementation of area’s communication plan connected to the overall strategic communication direction and plan. Enable effective communication within and from the area
- Develop the communication competence in the area and enable others to lead with communication and represent the IKEA Brand according to the IKEA values and tone of voice
- Support and cooperate with other IKEA units in the region as well as external stakeholders
- Lead and execute a planned process for change management and communication
- Participate and contribute to relevant networks and cross-functional assignments
We do believe our candidate demonstrates the following capabilities, knowledge & motivation:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of working with business and communication planning and execution, and an understanding of how communication supports and increases the impact of a business agenda
- Extensive knowledge of co-worker communication and change management, including how to tailor communication effectively to create awareness, engagement, and impact, especially involving diverse target groups
- Understand how to segment audiences and strengthen key messages to support different audience needs and situations.
- Strong facilitation skills as well as coaching skills
- A good team player, enjoying a diverse and multicultural workplace & good at building relationships in across organisations in relation to both communication and business.
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Live and share the IKEA culture & values
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment
- Ability to simplify and organise complex issues and always strive to improve efficiency
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
The location for the position is King of Prussia, PA. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us
We look forward to receiving your application!
Thank you! Gracias! Obrigado!