Jobb > Assistant Tenant Management (Casual Lease) Manager
Our vision “To create a better everyday life for the many people” is the reason why IKEA and our centres exists and why people choose and love to come to us. It is the driving force behind our success.
We believe home is the most important place in the world and by becoming “The leader in life at home” we will secure a strong brand position for IKEA and stimulate home furnishing interest on our markets. We want to be the “Preferred shopping centre destination” for retailers and business partners. For a successful future we must secure “Growth with long term profitability” and we will do this by a consistent focus within our four strategic cornerstones of Growth, People, Sustainability and Costs.
Acting like a market leader in all our decision making and securing a “Market Leadership Mentality” in our organisation will drive us to reaching our vision.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Assistance Casual Lease Manager is responsible for secure sustainable sales and growth of income for TOPPEN by ensuring attractive and competitive concept and tenant mix, deliver expected business goals, secure rental income, tenant mix and Company Lease Strategy defined by Company in accordance to the governance structure.
- Contribute and participate in Company and Leasing Strategies, Business Plans, Budget and Rent Rolls setting.
- Identify potential leasable areas within and outside the Centre not limited to Common area, Pop-up, Kiosks, Vending Machine, Storage, Push-cart, Outdoor bazaar and External Signage.
- Follow up YLP in accordance to assigned brands (or its approved deviations) and implement from negotiation until the execution of tenancy agreement (new and renewal).
- Deliver best possible lease deals by reaching or exceeding pre-defined commercial goals through negotiation strategy.
- Evaluate possible commercial or reputational risks, initiate and propose solutions (risks & commercial results) for stakeholders to take leasing decisions.
- Monitor tenant’s sales turnover to ensure healthy occupancy ratio and to meet commercial profitability.
- Provide support to the Tenant Management Manager and SO Leasing in dealing with tenant on issues related to breach of Tenancy Agreement.
- Follow up on the execution of tenancy agreement, renewal agreement, letter of termination and rent rebate.
- Support Tenant Management Manager and SO Leasing (Common Area) and encourage short term lease convert into long term lease.
- Constantly search on the market, initiate and deliver new brands which is most relevant to SC lease strategies.
- Initiate cooperation with existing tenants in terms of bringing new brands to SC as the first choice.
- Conduct market research, competitors studies and trend to maintain the competitive edge of SC.
- Initiate and drive within the Company, implement the best market practices to enhance SC competitive position in the market.
- Establish and maintain good and long term relationship with tenants for sustainable business cooperation as Preferred Landlord.
- Represent Ikano Centers on selected business events, exhibitions and other events in accordance with Company policy.
- Keeping TMS or other defined system updated with relevant information on assigned tenants and potential brands (including waiting lists, company and brand information, relations history, etc.).
- Initiate solution to maintain the relationship with tenant for future projects even though there is dispute on commercial terms.
- Minimum 7 year experience in commercial or retail property leasing within Shopping centre environment.
- Professional certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, any field.
- Knowledge on how retail works, tenant’s needs, including merchandising and store concepts and brand evaluation.
- Good understanding of Return of Investment and rental budgeting.
- Advanced user of Windows (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook).
- Pro-active with positive attitude, independent and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to create and improve cooperation.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete the projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to develop rapport with all people at all levels.
- Possesses good verbal and written in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Others additional language will added advantages.
Please apply by 30-September-2022.