Jobb > Visual Merchandiser, IKEA Delft, 32-40 hours/week
What will you do?
It is your passion to create inspiring store solutions for an easy and convenient shopping experience and increasing vitality. You do this by translating deep knowledge about consumer buying behaviour, store layout, range presentation and local market knowledge. Through this you contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
As a Visual Merchandiser you use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality. You do this by:
- using the knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor's expectations
- secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices
- actively contributing to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions
- keeping your knowledge up to date with regards to home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression
- actively contribute to the implementation of the commercial calendar of the Store.
Who are you?
You are highly skilled in the field of visual merchandising and have a passion for home furnishing, people, retailing and communication. You have a design-based educational qualification and a solid background of working in a design-oriented role with a strong passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home. Additionally, you;
- are able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- have a proven ability to use your knowledge about life at home into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions
- are a good communicator that has the ability to share and transfer knowledge in many different ways, both individually and in larger groups
- communicate well in English (written and spoken).
What does IKEA Delft offer
A grasp of our employment benefits:
- Contract of 1 year with possibility to extend and turn into an indefinite contract
- Allowance for weekend- and evening shifts and a 13th month
- 27 holidays (based on fulltime employment) and travel allowance
- Pension plan
- 15% discount on your store purchase. Like that, you can turn your house into a new IKEA showroom !
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. At IKEA we believe in the power of the many. Together we are better and stronger. No matter who we are, we create more as one team, where everyone plays and equal role. It’s a place where every individual is welcomed.
Together with us you can explore the career possibilities in an inspirational working experience with international options. We offer you a spot where people are given the possibility to do what they do best. Let us grow together!
Please apply with your CV and a motivation letter.
An integrity check via the warning register of Fraud Approach Retail Foundation is part of the application procedure.
If you passed the first screening, you will be invited for a first interview. The total process consists of two interviews and as assessment.
If you have any additional questions, please call or app our recruiter, Laura via 06-50157594.
At IKEA the customer is in in focus. Our customers visit the store at various times, also in the evening, weekends, during national holidays and during school holidays. We expect that you will be present when the customers visits us. Of course, you have an impact on your schedule yourself as well.