The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
I use the IKEA business priorities, knowledge of our range, online and offline consumer trends, my national market, competition and my customers’ living situations to drive and develop solutions now and in the future in my country. I lead and inspire the Advertising, PR and Catalogue comms function to achieve comms excellence, sales growth and profitability. I contribute to the business development using my specialist knowledge. I support in meeting the marketing KPIs set for the country through assigned marketing channel ownership.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
Responsible for the development of Advertising (Offline and Online Display Banners):
• Plan and manage the production and implementation of external communications, while ensuring that all materials are in line with the IKEA Concept documentation.
• Ensure optimal reach and frequency spends across online display platforms buys with accurate delivery to the intended audience in the most effective online channels while meeting KPIs set.
• Work closely with SO and Local marketing, SO Sales, and e-commerce, IKEA Food teams to ensure accuracy of products and information and achieve business and commercial goals, drive web and store visits, increase home furnishing interest and elevate awareness / personality of the IKEA brand.
• Contribute to evaluating external advertising media opportunities & proposed store activities by the Local Marketing & Communication Managers in the country. Assist in partner collaborations that supports the advertising campaign, staying locally relevant and achieves business goals such as visitation and average ticket.
Responsible for Catalogue and Brochure production and distribution:
• Responsible for the completion of all Catalogue and Brochure spreads for the country from the country’s production timeline with accurate, consistent aesthetic considerations accurate and of a high creative quality, by following global typographic guidelines in modifying Catalogue & Brochure artwork with country content, until a smooth delivery to households and stores.
• Preparing effective catalogue coverage by consolidating all catalogue distribution areas for stores based on business and visitor potential (or other factors where applicable) through working with expansion team and planning with local distribution vendors.
Responsible for the (Commercial) Public Relations function:
• Manage the development of country’s Public Relations campaign delivery through the message house, key focuses and mandatories. Secure country level relationships with media.
• Manage IKEA product recalls and the development and pricing coordination of collection press kits for the country.
• Lead the PR agency and be responsible for media content and oversee that the local media receives releases and up-to-date, accurate information about IKEA including Conceptualising, plan and execute PR events, media launches, media interviews as necessary to secure strong engagement with the media for each campaign launch. Management of all spokesperson, interviews and press conferences for the country.
• Together with Corporate Communications, assist to ensure that the country crisis plan is followed so that the team is well prepared to handle media crisis e.g. products that are of fault and might cause injury to customers etc.
• Tracking PR coverage and share of voice monthly versus competitors for the country.
Budgets and Translations service:
• Responsible to secure the planned marketing budget to commercial calendar and to ensure accurate year-to-date marketing spent to BN and Finance on monthly basis.
• Manage the process and quality of translations for country (where applicable).
• Contributor to contract negotiation in the market relating to the function.
• Secure purchasing in your function is made according to the principles defined in the Procurement Policy: Operational participation in procurement projects. Compliance of sourcing requirements, IWAY Working Method and signed agreements
REQUIREMENT FOR THE JOB
• Highly self-motivated with a passion for advertising, print publications and PR to drive business results with consistent messaging.
• Continually looking for ways to engage the audience and improve the business & people together.
• Strong commercial appetite that inspires others to act in the same way.
• Highly collaborative with a strong sense of ‘togetherness’ to achieve the goal.
• Inspirational in how you communicate and engage others in your plans.
• Knowledge and experience in marketing and branding, conceptualising campaigns, logical abilities, and copy-writing.
• Knowledge and experience of offline and online channel’s guidelines and understanding of each media technicalities.
• Flair in public relations and socialising skills to cultivate good media relations and represent the brand when needed.
• Knowledge of print production and postage to facilitate catalogue and brochure production and distribution
• Deep knowledge of trends, proven solutions, translating global into local market relevant solutions that influence home furnishing and retailing.
• Expert knowledge of operational plans and goals as well follow up on KPIs.
• Knowledge of job-related software
• Knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision, tone of voice, leadership capabilities.
• Knowledge of customers' living situations as well as their needs and frustrations in their everyday life at home in order to translate that into strong messaging.
• Budgetary experience – evaluate, monitor, follow-up and adjust as needed
• Meticulous and ability to work in fast moving stressful environment and deliver business goals. Ability to take holistic view of the organisation and identify business opportunities.
• Possess a creative mindset and ability to challenge common ways of thinking.
• Flair for content production, copy writing with IKEA’s twinkle in the eye messages with good eye for creatives and layouts.
• Driven by generating efficiencies, customer insights, trends and media effectiveness, in line with agreed metrics, KPIs and ROIs.
• Ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of commerciality as an integrated part of the business.
• Strong ability to communicate and share creative ideas, concepts and solutions and combine commercial, aesthetics and practical skills.
• Ability to follow up and measure performance of output and capture learnings to improve and moving forward.
• Has the customers’ interest at heart, be service minded and have a great sense of urgency.
• Good leadership capabilities including ability to lead peers and stakeholders while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice.